The City of Sebastian utilizes electronic online services for notification and distribution of its solicitation documents and quote requests. The City’s solicitation documents and informal quote requests can be obtained via the City’s Website, DemandStar, VendorRegistry and GovQuote.
Each web service is responsible for the electronic distribution of the City’s solicitation documents and informal quote requests. Each web service maintains their automated vendor list, which categorizes each vendor by commodity codes for the specific supplies or services offered by the vendor. Businesses who have subscribed to either or all vendor lists are notified by email whenever a formal sealed solicitation or informal request for quotation has been issued for the supplies or services offered by the vendor.
- City Website is used to post solicitation documents only. Notification is not available. Past and present solicitation documents can be found on the City Website. Should you require assistance navigating this page, please contact the Procurement Division directly at 772-388-8231.
- DemandStar by Onvia is used to post solicitation documents and informal quote requests directly on their website. DemandStar generally charges a fee to its members for their services. Past and present solicitation documents can be found on DemandStar. If you are interested in receiving free notification solely for the City of Sebastian’s solicitation documents, please email them directly or call at 800-575-1736 with your request.
- VendorRegistry is used to post solicitation documents and informal quote requests directly on their website. VendorRegistry is free to register to access government bids but also has subscription options relevant to your company’s needs. If you have questions, please contact them directly at 844-802-9202.
- GovQuote is used to post informal quote requests directly on their website. GovQuote is a free web tool used to secure quotes that do not require a formal solicitation process.
Current Solicitation Opportunities
Solicitation Documents are available for download at:
It is the bidder/proposer’s responsibility to check for any issued addenda or other information that would be required in preparing their solicitation submittal. The City of Sebastian shall not be held responsible for missed opportunities.
- Awarded Bids/Contracts
- Public Solicitation Openings
Submittals received in response to the City’s Invitation for Bids (ITB), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), or any other sealed Submittals in response to a formal, competitive solicitation conducted by the Procurement Division will be opened in a public meeting at the set date and time as specified in the Solicitation package or amended via an Addendum (if any).
Note: Date and times are subject to change via a written Addendum. Interested parties are advised to call Procurement to confirm the opening date and time at 772-388-8231.
At Solicitation Openings, only the Vendor’s name will be read aloud. In accordance with Florida State Statute section 119.07(1) and 24(a) Article I of the State constitution, sealed bids, proposals or replies received by an agency pursuant to a competitive solicitation are exempt from Public Record until such time as the agency provides a notice of an intended decision or until 30-days after opening the bids, proposals, or final replies, whichever is earlier.
Exceptions are made for construction projects; for those projects, the Vendor’s name and lump sum base bid will be read aloud. In accordance with Florida State Statute 255.0518:
- When opening sealed bids or the portion of any sealed bids that include the prices submitted that are received pursuant to a competitive solicitation for construction or repairs on a public building or public work, open the sealed bids at a public meeting conducted in compliance with section 286.011.
- Announce at that meeting the name of each bidder and the price submitted in the bid.
- Make available upon request the name of each bidder and the price submitted in the bid.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing special accommodations for this meeting shall, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, contact the Procurement Division at 772-388-8231.