City Facilities Status
The City of Sebastian will be open for scheduled business meetings as well as appointments effective Monday, June 8, 2020. However, the City will be following the CDC guidelines. We are encouraging those that want to access City Hall to call ahead and schedule an appointment with the appropriate department personnel.
If you think you may be sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and check with the Department personnel for ways to conduct your business electronically.
Before you enter the building, please ask yourself the following “Yes or No” questions:
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled to, in or from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 (Tri-state area – New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut; Louisiana), or had close contact with anyone who traveled to, in or from such areas, including (China, South Korea, Italy, Iran) or other countries listed as “Level 2” of “Level 3” by the Centers for Disease Control?
- Have you had contact with or cared for anyone who has a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Are you currently experiencing any of the symptoms for COVID-19 (Mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, increase in temperature (100.4 degrees +), Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore Throat, or New loss of taste or smell)?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you must not access City Hall for a period of at least 14 days.
In order to protect the health and safety of all who visit the City offices, please consider the following guidelines when meeting with City staff:
- Facemasks are required to enter City Hall. Please do not enter without wearing a facemask.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from the nearest person while in the building
- Limit the number of people participating in any appointment to only those necessary for the issue at hand
- Wash your hands before and after your appointment
- Temperatures will be taken with a no-contact thermometer
Pickleball & Tennis Facilities
The City of Sebastian Pickleball and Tennis Facilities shall reopen on Friday, May 1st at 8 am provided that CDC Guidelines, including all social distancing guidelines, are adhered to.
In addition, the following restrictions shall apply:
- Singles play only is permitted at this time
- No congregating on the court or sidelines is permitted
Additionally the City recommends the following based on recommendations from the USTA and USAPA:
- Players should stay on their side of the court and avoid changing ends. Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- Arrange to play only with family members or others who live in your household or with individuals who are considered to be low risk.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or your racquet.
- After play, leave the court and facility as soon as possible. Wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share any equipment with another player.
- Consider wearing face masks.
Friendship Park will not charge fees to play during this time, however we will begin to accept court reservations beginning on Friday.
The City of Sebastian has decided on the following updated openings to our Parks and Facilities:
- All the City of Sebastian playgrounds will open to the public on Saturday, June 13th.
- The Sebastian Splash Pad will open to the public on Saturday, June 13th.
- The Sebastian Skate Park will open to the public on Saturday, June 13th. Temporary operating hours for the skate park will now be 8 am to Sunset.
We ask that everyone continue to follow all CDC Guidelines practicing social distancing. Please wash your hands frequently with soap or use hand sanitizer.