, MMC (388-8214) is a Charter Officer who acts as Clerk to the Council, and is the City's Elections Official and Records Management Liaison Officer. She and Deputy City Clerk,
, MMC (388-8215) are responsible for the following:
- City Elections Administration and Canvassing Board
- Legislative Support
- Records Management
- Board Member Appointments and Administration
- Cemetery Sales and Records
"The staff of the City of Sebastian City Clerk's Office is committed to accurately recording and preserving the City's history; serving the public impartially and with great care; providing open and easy access to public records; compassionately participating in the sale of cemetery lots, efficiently administering City elections, and communicating all appropriate information and notices to the citizens of Sebastian, Sebastian City Council, City Boards and City Staff.
We will achieve this Mission by implementing the following plan:
- Understanding that we are public servants first and thus treat every individual we encounter with fairness and compassion.
- Continue staff training in technological methods, stay current with new laws related to our jobs, and provide cross training for all staff so that we are truly a team.
- Continue to fine-tune our filing methods for easier access by all.
- Assure the safety of our records by proper storage methods in accordance with state law and in the event of natural disaster.
- Continue to protect the historical and ancestral value of our cemetery records for all the families who have loved ones laid to rest in our Municipal Cemetery.
- Continue to provide complete information to City Council and City Board members on their function and adopted procedures."