Building / Business Tax
Upcoming Changes to Online Permits
MGO CONNECT PRESS RELEASE
The City of Sebastian is excited to announce the launch of our newest version of the MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) customer portal platform. July 1st, 2023, we are launching the new MGO Connect customer portal! This release is a new version of the customer portal brought to you by the same software provider as before, MyGovernmentOnline (MGO). MGO Connect brings an all-new customer portal experience based on suggested improvements and feedback that Contractors and Residents have provided. Simply visit www.mgoconnect.org and login with the same e-mail address and password that you use today with the MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) customer portal. In addition to the web-based platform, MGO Connect offers a mobile app that can be downloaded onto your mobile device. Simply go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play store for Android devices and search ‘MGO Connect’ to download the app to your mobile device.
We want to encourage all contractors, residents, and other users of the customer portal to consider trying out the new MGO Connect customer portal at your earliest convenience. We are certain you will appreciate and eventually prefer to use the new MGO Connect customer portal. The new customer portal offers the same features and services you’re accustomed to, only now with a more intuitive and modern user interface. The enhancements include:
- A simpler online application submittal experience that is easier to navigate.
- An informational landing page where Sebastian can share important messages through the customer portal.
- A condensed ‘Projects’ list that allows you to view your pending applications as well as permits that are in-progress from a single location.
- Useful Maps and Graphical interfaces.
- Simple “I Want To…” feature where you can quickly Pay Fees, Print Receipts, Print Permits, Request Inspections and more.
- View the progress of your project with a modernized “Tasks List” feature indicating the current project stage as well as any incomplete and completed tasks.
For contractors that are new to MGO, you can also create a free customer portal account at www.mgoconnect.org using your preferred e-mail address. Simply select the ‘New Account’ link at the top of the page and enter the requested details.
If further assistance is needed, please contact the MGO support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the MGO Help Desk at 985-851-0760. MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) representatives are available to assist with any software related questions.
*Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
Submitting Permits, Payments & More During Covid-19
Until further notice, the building department is accepting permit applications (PDF) and plan documents through a drop box at the building department. Smaller projects can also be submitted by emailing Permits. Payments can be made online or deposit checks at the dropbox location.
Inspections are being conducted as scheduled with exception to occupied buildings. Video inspections (PDF) are available for certain permit types.
Our mission and commitment is to effectively promote and provide professional plan review, permitting, and inspection of building construction to ensure a safe built environment for all those who live and work in the City of Sebastian.
The Building Department and Fire Prevention Office, ensures compliance with all state and local codes to protect the health safety and welfare of our residents.
Our professional and courteous staff is available to assist you. Feel free to contact us with any questions about your construction project.
- Wayne Eseltine, Building Official / Fire Marshal
- Daniel Hainey, Deputy Building Official
- Darin LaGesse, Administrative Assistant
- Linda Lohsl, Permit Technician / Certified Business Tax Official
- Courtney Regan, Permit Technician
- Andrew Yackso, Chief Building Inspector
- Sam Smith, Building Inspector
- John Parker, Building Inspector
- Sandy Seeley, Fire Inspector